Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 28, 2010 2:02 PM EDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Night Night vision has the capability of changing the way we predator hunt entirely, and over the years I have learned to utilize night vision on my hunts in an exceptional way. Trial and error has lead to my developed hunting technique, which has given me excellent results. With the use of night vision we are able to hunt the predator more like the predator hunts it's prey, in the dark, allowing for the majority of our kills to be made with shots taken an average of 35 yards out! Hunters' odds of killing their desired animal greatly increases at this distance, therefore my technique has lead to a higher percentage of kills per hunt than several of our competitors. Utilizing night vision headgear, as well as on our scopes, gives us near daytime visibility without disturbing the wild life. There is no rocket science here, just simple facts, when the animal can't see us it is far more vulnerable; the use of night vision allows us to capitalize on this very fact, and gives us a tremendous advantage over many of the other predator hunting styles. Our fine tuned style of night predator hunting has often allowed us to kill the animal without it ever knowing we were there. There have even been instances where the predator has approached, and even made contact with the hunting vehicle! If you haven't thought about trying night vision on your predator hunts, you definitely should. Night vision headgear, as well as night vision set ups for guns, are available out there, you just have to utilize them. It seems that there are very few people out the there hunting with my methods. Night vision can change the hunt, even if you don't use a hunting guide service, so go out and see for yourself. You may just be surprised at the difference it makes. Night vision makes for unforgettable predator hunting experience. Experience the difference at www.cowboypredatorhunts.com
      The Night Vision Advantage Over the years I have learned to utilize night vision on my hunts, through trial and error I have developed my hunting technique, and have seen excellent results. With the use of night vision we are able to hunt the predator more like the predator hunts its prey, in the dark, allowing for the majority of my kills to be made with shots taken an average of 35 yards out! Hunters odds of killing their desired animal greatly increases at this distance, therefore my technique has lead to a higher percentage of kills per hunt than several of our competitors. Our fine tuned style of night predator hunting has often allowed us to kill the animal without ever knowing we were there. There have even been some instances where the predator has approached, and even made contact with the hunting vehicle! Cowboy Predator Hunts' technique has left every customer a satisfied one, and at this rate it we will continue to provide an unforgettable night predator hunting experience.
    • June 28, 2010 2:02 PM EDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Night Vision Technique I have been hunting predators in Texas and many of the states in the West for over 45 years. I have hunted extensively, day and night. I have begun to hunt nearly exclusively at night. I have developed a style of hunting at night using Night Vision or NOD’s as it is known in the military. I have developed this style by using trial and error, for I do not know anyone else in the country that uses NOD’s, other than for hog hunting. I will try to explain the technique as well as I can, and only hunt in the states that it is legal.
      1. I use a helmet used by Special Ops that I sell, and attach the NOD’s and a small coon hunter light to. The coon hunter light is above and behind the NOD’s. The coon hunter light has a battery that is mounted on a belt, and comes with different colored lenses.
      2. I will find the set that I am going to call at and turn the light down so low that I can barely see on the ground with the naked eye. This is one of the advantages of my style of hunting. Most night callers use 500 to million candle power spotlights to locate eyes. All of these hunters know what happens when you burn an animal coming in with these spotlights, they will wince or turn and either walk off or run away. With the light turned down so low, you can see with the night vision as if you were shining the more powerful lights without making the animal move off.
      3. As soon I pick up eyes, and this can be as much as a half a mile away in the open, I never take my light off the animal coming in. The small light completely blinds them and they usually come in to within 40 yards to get a shot at them. You can also turn the light up slowly as they are approaching and you will have a very good view them for the shot. On a bobcat I can see the spots at 80 yards if they are in the open. I usually can tell you the species at from 80 to 150 yards.
      4. The small light source is a great advantage in calling, if you have an area the has been called a lot at night, I can usually do very well with the small light, for they have seen the other and will stay out at a distance and never come in. With the small light they have no fear, and have had them sit down within 20 feet of my van.
      5. One of the distinct advantages of NOD’s, is watching the whole animal coming in and not the eyes. Some will look around a lot coming in and others come in totally focused on the call. The ones that look around a lot usually have to be shot at a distance for they come in thinking something is not right.
      6. I do not use NOD scopes, I use NOD’s that attach to the back of the scope, and can be taken off and the rifle used during the day.

• June 28, 2010 2:03 PM EDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The five mistakes commonly made calling at night.
      1. Most callers will be calling and get a set of eyes at long distance and have the animal coming in and take the light off for seconds to look in other directions for additional eyes and the predator coming in will see them in the back of the truck or in the high rack and go off.
      2. As the animal is located with the light you can make no noise, the sound of metal against metal, or whispering will give your location away and turn the animal back in the bush.
      3. A lot of predator hunters keep the mechanical call going once the animal is located, it is my experience that as soon as the animal eyes are located, shut the call off and make the animal come on in and find where the thinks the sounds is coming from.
      4. An animal will give away his intentions on coming in or hanging up by his body language and movements . Most hunters get an animal coming in and it hangs up and moves back and forth sideways, at this point he is done and has decided it is not his game. Your only shot will be then, and you have to take it.
      5. I find one of the most important mistakes is using the light, I always move slowly in circles, if you move fast and the predator has any elevation coming in he can see you as you make the fast turns with you hand and light, and will hang up, or leave.
      I have had the opportunity to observe all of this first hand through 3rd Generation Night Vision. In the last ten years I have called in at least 750 to 1000 predators each winter and watched the whole animal not just the eyes and the body language on every set. I have called in Javelina's, lions, fox, bobcats, coons, coyotes, wolves and been able to observe all there behavior coming in.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is closed
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel
test