Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 20, 2011 10:36 PM EST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This may suprise some but I think I have found the ultimate hunting vehicle. I have been using my wife's Chevy Tahoe Hybrid, 4WD. I like it so much that I am going to buy a Chevy or GMC Silverado or Sierra 1500 Hybrid for myself. In the Hybrid all-electric mode I can enter a hunting area quitely and without the smell of emissions with the engine off. I can cover a lot of area in the stealth mode and not spook game. I can also run the electric A/C or heater/defroster without the engine running. When I need a lot of power the 6.0L V-8 and 4WD is available (it runs in 4WD in electric as well). The fuel savings getting to and from the hunting area allows me to spend money in other areas...like guns & ammo. Towing & load capacity is great. I have travelled up to 13 miles with the gas engine off at up to 25 MPH. The mapping and navigation is also handy as I can chart where I have been off-road as well. I can run 110 volt appliances from the rear outlet. There's also ON-Star for emergencies. 4WD selections are 2WD, Auto, 4Hi, 4Lo. Eaton Locking Diff standard. Has tow/haul mode and optionl Manual/Electric gear selection. Shocks can be switched from highway to off-roade mode (stiffens suspension). Traction control can be switched ON/OFF. 

This post was edited by DJ Williams at January 20, 2011 10:45 PM EST
    • February 4, 2012 8:21 AM EST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

1987 chevy astro is mine. No payments and its no chick magnet, but it'll go anywhere. Electric would be cool for stalking up on something though
    • December 10, 2014 10:31 AM EST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

<p>That is one cool Truck DJ, do you still have it? I see the post is dated 3 years ago, but I was just curious if you still have it and do you still enjoy the hybrid technology as much as when you bought it?</p>

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is closed
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel
test