Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 4, 2011 9:57 AM EDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on coyote's are, do you consider them a worthy trophy I am talking about the big eastern ones here 50 lb size would you go on a trip to hunt them? Would you/ do you spend money on equipment to hunt them? would you spend money on mounting the head or making a rug once you got one?  would you want to spend 2 or 3 days in a blind hunting them on a bait, what time of year would you prefer to go and hunt them spring, early winter, late winter, summer? how far would you travel to hunt them? what would you spend to go somewhere for 3-4 days or a week to hunt over active baits to hunt them? lots of animals out there to hunt, deer, bear, moose, bobcats, ground hogs, foxes squirrels, birds, if you had to list them in an order of importance to you as a game species where would you place coyotes.  I have to say that i am a guide, and just trying to figure out if it is worth while to invest in offering a better coyote hunt, it has been a hard sell, but there is lots of them around and lots of opportunity, would appreciate any and all comments.-Steve

• October 9, 2011 6:40 AM EDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think a coyote is definitely a trophy. Shooting one that's walking by while hunting deer is one thing, but going out in the dark to hunt them is very different. I just get them tanned, not mounted. As far as travel and payment, there are so many around that most people that I know that hunt them just bait their own. How much do you charge and where are you located?

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is closed
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel
test